Spring Lake Church, through the power of the Holy Spirit, will develop and equip tens of thousands of people to be Christ followers and disciplemakers, resulting in an enduring legacy of God’s love in Northeastern Wisconsin and the world.
Loving God, Maturing in His character, Reaching the world.
It begins with Loving God through meaningful worship and time spent in prayer.
We Mature in His Character through studying the Bible, serving others using our spiritual gifts, and building meaningful relationships that lead to mutual edification and accountability.
Then we can Reach the World through sharing the timeless message of Christ’s love and forgiveness.
Expectation – Cooperating with God in becoming passionate about Jesus: offering ourselves by worshipping Him, doing His word, and talking and listening to Him through prayer.
- Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” This is the first and greatest command.
- Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life.
- Luke 4:8 “Jesus answered, ‘It is written: worship the Lord your God and serve Him only’.”
- James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
- Matthew 6:6 “When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
Purpose Question – How is it helping us become more passionate about Jesus?
Maturing in His Character
Expectation - Cooperating with God in becoming more like Jesus: daily being shaped in every way into Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Galatians 5:22-24 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is not law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
- Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 18:4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Purpose Question – How is it helping us become more like Jesus?
Reaching the World
Expectation – Cooperating with God in becoming messengers about Jesus: showing and telling others about Jesus.
- Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
- Matthew 28:19-20 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the every end of the age.”
Purpose Question – How is it helping others know Jesus personally?