Spring Lake Church
Spring Lake Church (SLC) is a family of Christ-followers who desire to glorify God in all we do, are committed to God’s Word, and are welcoming to seekers who desire to know the God we love.
Our Core Beliefs: We believe the Bible is the inspired inerrant Word of God and our final authority. We believe in one God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. We are not sacramental and practice only two ordinances: communion and believer`s baptism. For details, go to SLC Beliefs.
Our Affiliation and Statement of Faith: We are affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA), and our statement of faith is the same as theirs. We adhere to the same doctrine as the EFCA which is summed up by this quote: "In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, charity. In all things, Jesus Christ." For details about our statement of faith, go to EFCA website.
"Evangelical" refers to our faith and theology. We are committed to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to the Scriptures as being the inspired, inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient Word of God. "Free" refers to our polity, structure and organization. We are committed to a congregational form of government, meaning each church congregation is autonomous, and we are free to govern ourselves through our local leadership.
Our Mission: ”Loving God, Maturing in His Character, Reaching the World”
It begins with Loving God through meaningful worship and time spent in prayer.
We Mature in His Character through studying the Bible, serving others using our spiritual gifts, and building meaningful relationships that lead to mutual edification and accountability.
Then we can Reach the World through sharing the timeless message of Christ’s love and forgiveness.
For more insight into our mission, go to SLC Mission.
Our Vision: To be a disciple-making church that is focused on Loving God (Matthew 22:36-38 Love the Lord your God with all your Heart, with all your Soul and with all your Mind), Maturing in His Character (Matthew 22:39-40 Learning to love your neighbor as yourself) and Reaching the World (Matthew 28:18-20 Go and make disciples of all the nations)”.
Our Core Values: Our aim is to accomplish our mission through upholding these core values:
- We are Grace-Based, emphasizing God`s love and forgiveness (not man-made rules, guilt, or obligation) which is free to all who receive Christ, turn away from sin, and allow their lives to be transformed by the Holy Spirit.
- We stay Creative, using current forms of ministry and music to grow in our understanding of Jesus and the Bible. Our worship music is a mix of mostly contemporary with some classic hymns and familiar praise songs.
- We Affirm Families, offering a variety of ministries for children, teens, married couples, men and women.
- We remain Relationally Focused, meeting in small groups to care for each other and grow in our faith. This is where maturing and disciple-making happens most effectively.
- We Cultivate People to mature in Christ-like character by providing sound practical teaching from the Bible for application to our daily lives.
- We aspire to Mentor Leaders, providing teaching, training, and many opportunities to serve and lead.
- We Reach Out Glocally (globally + locally) to share the message of Christ with a variety of cultures.
For details about our vision and core values, go to SLC Vision and Core Values.
Our Personality: We enjoy growing deeper in our understanding of God’s Word while emphasizing the basics of the Christian faith and its practical application to our daily lives. We are passionate about worshiping God and praying, whether at church, at home, at work, or at play. We have ministries that sometimes move men to tears, or make a family laugh for days. We enjoy learning, loving, and living the life that God has given us – together. We love to share Jesus Christ, the Source of Eternal Life, with those who don`t yet know Him through our actions and words.
Our History: Spring Lake Church began as a Bible study in 1986 and was incorporated in 1989. We purchased property in 1997, built our first building in 1999, and have had a couple of additions since then.
For more details about our history, go to SLC History.